全国统一学习专线 8:30-21:00
来源: 上海燎原双语学校 编辑:佚名
上海燎原国际高中爱的教育 梦想的未来要靠你亲手缔造
Build Your Future 亲手缔造未来
Ziad 谢耳朵
We’ve had a busy semester. We visited a Future Museum, engaged in math competitions, created a Model United Nations.
我们度过了忙碌,充实的一个学期。我们参观了未来博物馆,进行了数学竞赛,组建了模拟联合国。
We’ve had dancing performances and music performances.
我们举办了舞蹈和音乐表演。
We’ve played sports and played chess.
我们开展了体育运动和棋类比赛。
We’ve created art, created software, and some of our students even built a flying machine
我们创造艺术,发明软件,甚至我们有些学生研发了四轴飞行器。
Throughout all of it, we continue to work on giving students’ more and more practical experience in class and in clubs.
除了这一切,我们仍然继续努力在课程和社团活动中给予学生更多的实践经验。
Why did we do these things?
我们为什么要这么做?
I’m going to let a man named Abraham Lincoln answer that question.
我打算让一个叫亚伯拉罕 林肯的人来回答此问题。
For those who don’t know Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States.
如果你不了解他,让我告诉你,他是美国的第十六届总统。
He’s famous for many things. One of those things was his wisdom.
他因为很多事情而著名,期中之一就是他的智慧。
He once said, “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” And that’s what I want to talk about.
他曾经说过,“比较好预期自己未来的方法就是去创造一个未来。”这也正是我今天演讲的主题。
If you can see the future, you can have great power. And you CAN see the future if you’re the one who’s building it.
如果你能看见未来,你会拥有巨大的能量。你能看见未来,如果你就是它的缔造者。
For most of human history, children grew up to live the same difficult lives that their parents had.
在人类大部分的历史长河中,孩子们长大,过着和他们的父母同样曾经有过的艰难生活。
People didn’t invent. They lived in caves or in the forest, and they worked constantly just to stay alive.
人类没有发明,他们居住在山洞或者森林,他们不停的劳作只为活着。
People didn’t build their futures. They just built more of the past.
人类不曾创造他们的未来,他们仅仅是重复更多的过去。
When you don’t dream of change, and when you don’t build your dreams, that’s what you get: more of the past.
当你不梦想着去改变,当你不去构建你的梦想,那你得到的只有“更多的过去”。
Standard classes and a standard education will give you what you need if you want to just wait around to get old.
传统的课堂和教育,会满足你“无所事事,直到终老”的需求。
They’ll give you what you need to follow other people as they build their dreams.
它们会满足你“盲从别人梦想”的需求。
But it takes something more if you want to build your own dreams.
但是如果你想拥有自己的梦想,你需要付出更多。
It takes leadership, courage, and perseverance…
梦想需要优秀精神,勇气和坚持不懈的毅力。
It takes curiosity, creativity, and experimentation…
它更需要好奇心,创造性和实验过程。
It takes an understanding of nature and an understanding of people…
它需要我们了解自然,了解人类。
If you want to build your future, you have to develop certain skills and habits.
如果你想要规划未来,你必须开发特定技能,培养良好习惯。
You have to be able to figure out: what to believe, who to trust, and how to spend your limited time in this world.
你必须有能力分辨出:在这个世界上,相信什么,相信谁,如何度过你有限的时光。
You have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
你更要能够适应所有的不适。
You have to learn not to compare yourself to other people, but instead only compare yourself to who you used to be.
你要**不和别人比较,只比较现在的自己和过去的自己。
Because that’s the secret to stable friendships, to success, and to lifelong growth.
因为这是稳固的友谊,成功,终生成长的秘诀。
None of these skills are things that can just be told to you. You have to earn them through experience.
所有的这些技能都要通过经历,切身体会而获得,说教是无效的。
None of these are skills that can be handed to you. You have to make the choice to take them.
所有的技能无法传授给你,如果你不选择去接受它们。
So, the next best thing to giving you the skills, is giving you the opportunity to develop those skills.
所以,技能传授之后最重要的事,就是给你机会来提高这些技能。
We’re going to keep working on coming up with new opportunities for you to develop these skills. And we’re going to ask you and your families to help us develop these opportunities.
为了你们技能的提高,我们会一如既往的提供新的机会。为了创造这些机会,我们会让你和你的家人帮助我们一起努力。
But it’s up to you to decide to take these opportunities.
但是是否利用这些机会,最终由你决定。
And developing these skills and these habits is only the first step.
开发技能,培养习惯仅仅是**步。
These skills won’t come to you. You have to take them.
技能不会唾手可得,要自己努力争取。
In the same way; the future that you dream of is not coming to you. It’s something you have to build.
同样地,你所有梦想的未来也不会自己到来。要靠你自己亲手缔造。
Ziad Jarjur
谢耳朵
Department Head of Math and Science
理科主任教师
LiaoYuan Edu Group International Division
上海燎原实验学校国际部
上海燎原双语学校报名、校园参观及了解招生动态,请: ,或通过下方报名通道登记。